Removing unwanted hair is a time consuming, sometimes painful and frustrating part of our lives.
Shaving or chemical gels remove hair at the surface, giving you short-term results. Slightly more long-term are methods like wax or epilators that pull the hair out from the shaft. These methods do not affect the essential element necessary for hair growth - the hair bulb.
With LHE light-based treatments, by Radiancy, you can achieve permanent hair reduction.
By gently removing the hair at its source. LHE significantly inhibits future hair growth.
To remove hair and damage the bulb, LHE treatments send out out a very low and ultra-safe wave of light. The light generates heat which is then drawn into the hair follicle. The heat continues to flow through the hair shaft and transfers down to the bulb, destroying it and inhibiting hair growth at its source.
Please note, this treatment is ONLY effective on moderately dark, to very dark hair.
Face Value Skin Spa does not recommend LHE treatments for anyone under the age of 16. If under the age of 18, parental/guardian consent is required.
How often do I schedule an appointment?
Treatments are performed monthly for several months depending on the area being treated, with most areas requiring 5–12 treatments for effective long term removal.
Dark hair is ideal while gray and light hair are not receptive to long term hair removal treatments.
People describe the treatment as feeling a warm prickling sensation. Most areas of the face and body can be successfully treated.
Not all hairs are destroyed at the same time. The LHE treatment acts only on those hairs that are in the active growth phase.
The LHE sessions repeat at a time which varies from person to person and depending on the area treated. Generally, this period does not exceed eight weeks, during which the hairs that grow can be depilated by other methods.
Six to twelve sessions are needed during the entire treatment so it can spread over a period of up to one year.
What is the advantage of using a LHE treatment?
The LHE uses a wide beam that treats hundreds of hair follicles at once, instead of treating hair-by-hair like electrolysis. Because of this, large areas such as a back, legs or arms can be treated in a short amount of time. Today, advanced light systems are replacing unpleasant, time-consuming short term hair removal methods such as waxing, threading and tweezing. Shaving lasts only a few days at best. Bleaching and depilation can be very irritating to the skin.
How many treatments will I need?
All hair follicles go through periods of dormancy and growth. The LHE works by disabling hairs in the active growth cycle at the time of treatment. Since resting follicles must enter the growth phase before they can be effectively treated, an average of six to twelve treatments is usually necessary to disable a majority of the follicles during their growth cycle. Because everyone is different and we all have different hormone levels and medical influences, some people may need additional treatments to reach their desired goals.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight/tanning beds for at least 3 weeks on the treatment area.
- Do not tweeze, wax or use any type of hair removal cream on the treatment area.
- Shaving or trimming of the hair is permitted provided you leave 1-2mm of growth prior to treatment.
- Do not apply any essential oil/plant extract /glycolic or AHA product for 2 days prior/after treatment.
- Avoid restrictive clothing or excessive friction of the area.
- Avoid applying perfume, body lotions, after shave, make-up or deodorant.
- Avoid excessive exercise that may cause heat to build up in the area.
- Avoid hot baths/showers
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas/steam rooms as well as jacuzzi.
- Avoid swimming as chemically treated water may cause a skin reaction.
- Do not expose the skin directly to sun/tanning beds as this activates the melanin in the skin and may lead to pigmentation marks.
- Do not scratch/rub or pick the treatment area.
The LHE (light-based hair removal) should NOT be used on clients who:
- Used any method of epilation other than shaving in the treatment area within the past 30 days
- Have inflammatory skin conditions or open sores
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Have tanned by sun or artificial tanning machine within the last 21 days
- Have a tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
- Have abnormal skin conditions due to different diseases, conditions (e.g. diabetes) or medicinal intake.
- Have a history of skin disorders such as vitiligo or psoriasis in the treatment area.
- Have a history of local infections
- Have been treated with isotretinoin (Accutane) within the past 6 months
- Have used any medications, herbal preparations or chemicals within the past 6 weeks that cause photosensitivity. These include but are not limited to gold therapy, tetracyclie or sulfa drugs, and certain psychiatric medications. In case of uncertainty regarding photosensitizing side effects, consult your physician.
- Suffer from epilepsy
- Have diseases related to photosensitivity, such as Porphyria, Polymorphic Light Eruption, Solar Urticaria, Lupus and other autoimmune diseases.
- Have a history of herpes outbreaks in the treatment area
- Have a history of skin cancer or have areas of potential skin malignancies
- Have received chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatments within the past 5 years without their acting physician's consent.
- Have been on steroids regimen (i.e., asthma) over the last 3 months
- Have an active implant, such as a pacemaker, incontinence device, insulin pump, etc.
LHE Hair Removal Pricing
(The number of monthly treatments depends on the targeted area, with most areas requiring 6-12 sessions for effective and lasting hair removal)
*Discount available if purchased in a package of 6 or more
(Small Treatment Areas)
Upper Lip $45 (per session)
Chin $45 (per session)
Jawline $60 (per session)
Sideburns $60 (per session)
Cheeks $60 (per session)
Nape $60 (per session)
Hands & Fingers $80 (per session)
Feet $80 (per session)
Abdomen Trail a.k.a Happy Trail $50 (per session)
(Medium Treatment Areas)
Half Arm $100 (per session)
Full Arm $150 (per session)
Under Arms $85 (per session)
Breast (cleavage) $85 (per session)
Basic Bikini (panty line only) $125 (per session)
Shoulders $100 (per session)
Chin & Jawline $100 (per session)
Abdomen $150 (per session)
(Large Treatment Areas)
Thighs & Bikini $300 (per session)
Lower Legs (includes knees) $200 (per session)
Thighs $200 (per session)
Full Legs $300 (per session)
Face (upper lip, chin, jawline, sides of face)$200 (per session)
French Bikini (everything except labia) $200 (per session)
Full Derriere (seam & cheeks) $200 (per session)
Chest $250 (per session)
Back $325 (per session)
*Additional Treatment Areas are available upon request